What does it mean to live a "wholehearted life"?
Wholehearted living is the foundation of mental, emotional, and physical health as well as the foundation for a rich and meaningful life.
In the Gifts of Imperfection, Dr. Brene Brown defines 10 “guideposts” for wholehearted living as:
- Cultivating Authenticity: Letting Go of What People Think
- Cultivating Self Compassion: Letting Go of Perfectionism
- Cultivating a Resilient Spirit: Letting Go of Numbing and Powerlessness
- Cultivating Gratitude and Joy: Letting Go of Scarcity and Fear of The Dark
- Cultivating Intuition and Trusting Faith: Letting Go of the Need for Certainty
- Cultivating Creativity: Letting Go of Comparison
- Cultivating Play and Rest: Letting Go of Exhaustion as a Status Symbol and Productivity as Self-Worth
- Cultivating Calm and Stillness: Letting Go of Anxiety as a Lifestyle
- Cultivating Meaningful Work: Letting Go of Self-Doubt and “Supposed To”
- Cultivating Laughter, Song, and Dance: Letting Go of Being Cool and Always in Control